Monday, January 12, 2015

Classes This Week!

Welcome to another fabulous week in January! 2015 has been a great year so far, I must say! I was getting worried, wallowing in self doubt about what I am doing and this journey as a yoga teacher, prenatal yoga teacher specifically, and everything has be confirmed and reassured by the Universe! I am exactly where I am supposed to be and I love it! Are you still sticking to your resolutions? Mine are a daily work in process, but I am happy with my progress! I am attending more yoga classes, and doing more practice at home. I am learning and diving even deeper into class planning. I am eating better, taking probiotics and vitamins again. Life is good!

Here is where you can find me this week!

Wednesday 1/14/2015
Prenatal Yoga at Ha Yoga in Tempe, 1940 University Dr. Class starts at 6:30pm! This space is wonderful and you will immediately feel at home within this group of women. Nikki (owner/prenatal yoga teacher/doula extraordinaire) has started such a warm and wonderful prenatal/mommy and me program. Most of the women meet each other in prenatal yoga and then continue to stay connected in mommy and me yoga. I love it there. Check out the website (here) for more info!


Saturday 1/17/2015
Restorative Yoga at Aloha Yoga and Hula in Chandler, 4939 W. Ray Road. Class starts at 10:45am. If you have never taken a Restorative class, you are missing out! In Restorative yoga, you are held and supported by props (blankets, bolsters, blocks, and straps) while you sink deep into postures held for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. The idea is that as you relax into these poses, the muscles release, and you are able to breath new oxygen and new blood circulating into these areas of the body. It is completely rejuvenating, and an experience that can't be missed. Today also marks the beginning of Aloha's 30 days of yoga for $30, where you are able to take up to 17 classes a week! That is pennies on the dollar! Find more information here! The winner of the challenge will receive a FREE additional month of unlimited yoga classes! The studio is gorgeous and serene, like practicing on the ocean water. Check them out!


Sunday 1/18/2015
Mommy and Me Yoga at Spa Lamar in Scottsale, 5115 N. Scottsdale Rd. Class starts at 1:00pm!  There is a wonderful group of mommies that have been attending these classes! Age range for babies is asked to be 6 weeks up to crawling. I wanted to create a class where mothers could gather, bond with their babies, and move their bodies. Of course we need to keep our babies entertained as well, so we have fun singing and clapping, which is great for babies development. It's a fun, light-hearted class that will make you laugh and relax! Babies are in charge, so if at any point you need to feed your baby (breast or bottle), change them, rock them, etc....it is absolutely welcomed and supported! We end every class with a 5-10 minute savasana in which you can breath and relax with your baby! I ask that you bring whatever makes you and baby comfortable! We have blankets at the studio, but burp rags, toys, and stuffed animals are always welcome!



Starting January 25th, I will be teaching Prenatal and Mommy and Me at the AWESOME new place opening up called Modern Milk. For more information on this wonderful new meeting ground for mothers and moms-to-be, check out the website here!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to do what I love as a "job". It is wonderful to love what you do and do what you love! Namaste friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment