Monday, January 28, 2013

A Baby Post

Happy MondayAlmostTuesday!

I get my inspiration at night apparently.

Anyways, today was my day off of work and I was looking forward to sitting on the couch, playing the 'lets check instagram, facebook, and twitter every five minutes' game and eating large amounts of foods. I woke up this morning feeling totally exhausted after only a few hours of restful sleep and I was feeling some pains that I assumed to be cramps, so I decided that rest outweighed going to class this morning. I got to sleep in for two more hours and woke up feeling well rested.

After talking with my mom, I learned that she had gone out and bought me MORE baby things and she wanted me to come look at them. Which leads me to this evenings post. Listen, I love my mom. I love that she is excited to be a grandma (she has seriously been asking when Joe and I are going to have a baby since about a year into our relationship).

But I'm convinced she has gone crazy. Upon finding out I was pregnant, she bought us slew of items. Gender neutral bouncer, car seat, clothes, blankets, toys, etc. Then, upon finding out we are more than likely having a girl, we received a weekly bag of more clothes, blankets, and other goodies.

So much in fact, that I think it is worth documenting. I'm wondering if anyone elses parents (upon becoming first time grandparents, or just in general) have gotten baby fever worse than the person carrying the baby).

So, here we go:
From left to right: Baby Burts Bees bath set, a six pack of breast milk storage containers, pacifiers, electric double breast pump, breast milk bottle refills, set of 3 4oz bottles, and a set of 3 6oz bottles. All plastics are BPA free.

Next we have our "gender neutral" car seat:
Totally cute, and has good ratings...so I guess we'll take it :D
Next, our "GN" bouncer:

That baby's face looks photo shopped


From left to right: 3 rubber duckies (Nerd, Super Hero, and Pirate), 2 teething toys, bottle brush, comb/brush, thermometer, teddy bear w/ rattle, receiving blankets, soft plush blanket, and stuffed lion.All gender neutral themed.

Now, we start to get the addition of the girly themed items:

From left to right: little hootie bath scrubber with rags, sets of headbands, little Adidas booties, and plain white socks.

Now....the bombardment of clothing. First, here are all the gender neutral clothing she got me before we found out we are more-than-likely having a girl:
Please ignore the mess of wires and desk
From left to right: 2 pajama bottoms, various pants and shorts, various onsies, and a little jacket.

I am feeling  like these are more clothes a little boy would wear, but that may be because the last few weeks, I've been slayed with pinkness. As you are about to see.


The two in the middle are my FAVE! That flower print? C'mon..get real. Ruffle bottom??? Gimme.

Next, the skirts:



I picked this one out. LOVE IT.
 Here are some onsies and jammies:


My favorite. Also one I picked out.







Finally....here come the dresses. These first two I picked out. I only bought one of them, 'ma bought the little sailor themed one:

SO CUTE RIGHT? That zebra just kills me. Kills me dead.

All the other dresses we have so far. The first item on the left is actually our babies first Arizona Cardinals jersey. And, what is the last item on the right you ask?

It is this little number. When I saw the leggings and shirt, I knew I had to have it. I'm sure you can see why.
And partly because we had to represent Joe's Alma mater and partly because it was on clearance for $4, here is this cutie:

with a headband I forgot to take a photo of earlier

Last, but certainly not least, here are the smallest bibs I have ever seen:

The one on the left makes me want to cry...or the hormones do. Either way.


Now, I feel like I have to say that I warned you all at the very beginning of this post that it was about baby items. So, if your totally bored, not my prob.

Seriously, is she crazy? I only bought about 4 items of clothing,  a headband, the clearance breast milk containers, and that.is.it.

I really hope it is a girl. I'm sure it is...but you know, we kept all the tags on just in case.


When I got to my moms house this afternoon, I casually mentioned that I had some spotting, something that has been on going for about a week. She of course freaked and insisted I see my doctor. So we went. The nurse came in and began to check for a heartbeat using a hand held Doppler thing. She barely had the wand to my stomach when the baby's heartbeat was heard, prompting a "OH, that was fast" from the nurse. My baby then wiggled away from the wand poking her. Silly girl.
 
 
I do what I want.

Then the doctor came in and performed a few more invasive tests (if you know what I mean) and we came to the conclusion that I am diseased....

HA. Jk, but seriously I have 2 infections that are requiring an antibiotic. I really hate the idea of taking an antibiotic while preggers, but at the same time, I would like the spotting to stop and I feel like not taking anything would eventually do more harm to the baby. The doctor assured me that now that I am in the second trimester, the antibiotics won't harm the baby, but I am making sure to give myself an extra dose of healthy eating this week.

So, did your parents ever buy your unborn child more presents than they bought you? Have you had to take an antibiotic while pregnant?

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha your mom is definitely a preview for how my mom is going to be once my sister and I get pregnant (it won't be a "first time grandma" thing....she's baby crazy, always has been..) I love love love the outfits you've gotten Baby J so far. I believe the zebra dress is my fave. :) I love shopping for little girl clothes, so you being preggers with her is the perf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I feel like I have so much to say, so I'll make a list:
    1. This post was what entertained me during Harrison's 2am feeding, so thank you! I hope I can repay the favor this summer ;)
    2. Your mom went NUTS and its awesome!! I have to say, gender neutral accessories like the car seat and bouncy seat are actually really smart, because then, down the road, you will be able to use them again for, ahem... numero dos. If that's even in the cards haha
    3. The clothes are soo cute! I always say that little girl clothes are much cuter than little boy clothes. Also, I was just telling Dave that thank god Harrison is not a girl, because he HATES having things on his head, and I would never not have a cute little headband (like the ones you got) on him
    4. BIBS. You cannot have enough bibs.
    5. This is really silly because it's just a brush, but I love my bottle brush so much. Works wonders
    6. Your babe is so cute I love her so much already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha you guys are amazing. There is a second baby in the plans so I told Joe all the big purchases such as crib, stroller, etc need to be gender neutral. Yes, girl clothes are so much fun to shop for. I'm having fun just looking. can't wait until we can purchase the big items and begin setting up the baby's room.

    ReplyDelete