Monday, July 9, 2012

Vegan Strawberry Lemonade Muffins

Summer time always has me craving tart items. Citrus and summer just sound so perfect don't they?

 Today, I was about to make some more banana bread when I decided I wanted something different. Something that would help me enjoy summer (since the 112 degree heat out there won't allow me to leave the house). I wanted lemon something. After some googling and inspiration, I settled on lemons and strawberries! Muffins! YUM.

Here are details:

INGREDIENTS

3/4 C unsweetened almond milk

1 1/2 C all purpose flour 

1/4 tspn baking soda

1/2 tspn baking powder

1/4 tspn salt

1/3 C olive oil

1/3 C sugar  


1/2 C lemon juice (fresh squeezed)

3/4 C of crushed fresh strawberries


lemon zest




DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, olive oil, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and strawberries. 

Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ones. Mix well! 


































Pour batter into your muffin tins! I also had this adorable little bread tin that I couldn't resist using. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (check after 20 minutes and adjust time from there). 

















Enjoy! I took mine out way to early (around 20 minute mark) as they were still doughy in the center. The batter is very thick, so don't be afraid to leave them in longer.I also would recommend upping the lemon and strawberry, if your taste buds don't mind. While the flavors are definitely there, I feel like I would have been happy with a bit more of each!

































Ignore the Dunkin Donut box back there...it was a moment of weakness okay?? 


-Namaste and good eating friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment